LARGESCALE BAJA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LARGESCALE BAJA

forum for all large scale rc's

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

outerwears filter tip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

outerwears filter tip Empty
PostSubject: outerwears filter tip   outerwears filter tip Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:39 pm

this tip is for those like me that are in a real dusty area and your outerwears pullstart filter does bumpkiss for keeping it out.

the items you need are:

outerwears pullstrt cover
hpi outer filter foam
scissors

what you do is measure and cut the pieces of the outer filter to fit ove rthe vent holes in your pull start cover.

next you place teh foam over the vents. there are 2 ways to do this

1. glue the foam to the pullstart cover with a foam safe glue
2. same as above but with double sided tape (not as good as above)
3. simpley fit teh foam in place and use your outerwears to hold teh foam in place

another otption is to mount teh foam on the inside of teh pull start cover but i do not recommend this because it isnt a perfect fit and may get ripped off when starting or the engine is running.

hope this helps some of you because it sure helped me and now i dont have to worry about my pullstart pawl sticking. this tip can also be used if you run the outerwears crank case filter, may also work with the slammer dams however i cannot say for sure since i do not use them.
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: outerwears filter tip   outerwears filter tip Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:14 pm

if your worried bout the foam pulling thru, put some window screen over it first, sho gooed in place, then add the foam over that with the starter prefilter. then no worries bout the foam getting in flywheel.
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: outerwears filter tip   outerwears filter tip Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Lan-Ed-Tul wrote:
if your worried bout the foam pulling thru, put some window screen over it first, sho gooed in place, then add the foam over that with the starter prefilter. then no worries bout the foam getting in flywheel.

this is true bud however, this tip intails you sandwiching the cut pieces of foam between the outerwears and the pull start housing so it isnt in any danger of getting into the flywheel Wink. also window screen is good but it does NOT keep out the fine talcum powder dust that ruins pullstarters. with this little mod you could probably run in a yard full of baby powder Mr Green adn to clean the filter all you have to do is pull off your outerwears Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: outerwears filter tip   outerwears filter tip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

outerwears filter tip
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LARGESCALE BAJA  :: Tutorials and reviews :: Quick Tips-
Jump to: