LARGESCALE BAJA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LARGESCALE BAJA

forum for all large scale rc's

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

woodster body, paint scheme general lee

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

woodster body, paint scheme general lee Empty
PostSubject: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 pm

hey, i know the original colors were either a corvette red flame or hemi-orange, but i cant locate those in a lexan paint.

closest i know of is
Competition-Orange. i found these on ebay,
woodster body, paint scheme general lee BV8j6QgCGkKGrHgoOKjEEjlLmZZQBKVFPbwnCg_12

and theyre 1/5 scale, soooooo, i decided to do a Lee body. i know the woodsters not the charger body, heck i did find one, after hours of looking, but already painted with 3 tone paint changing paint. 200 plus bucks. not worth getting to strip the paint and repaint. so i figured a woody body which is .93 thick compared to the stock .30 thck would be a good durable body. and since im going Lee, a solid orange paint inside and decals on outside. yah i know decals will get torn up with rolls and such, but not planning on using it for rough stuff, mostly showoff and road running.

also found this for doin your own whatever pics under the car:

woodster body, paint scheme general lee KGrHqQOKnUE1OOdY9lBBNockZJg_12

say ya find a cool pic in a mag, you cut it out, line it where you wish on body on outside, trace it with marker, apply paste stuff to front of pic, apply to inside lining it with tracing, squeegy out excess glue, and when dried you have your pic on inside, then ya can paint inside.

but back to question, does anyone think the Comp-Orange in lexan paint will look close enough to Lee's color???????
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:33 pm

cometition orange is as close as you can get in rc paint without mixing it. one thing you neglected to consider is the fact that if the body is lexan you could use actual automotive laquer as well. with that said, a general lee body would be easy to paint and i myself have never used the pic glue but i have heard mixed stories about it and i personally wouldnt use it myself.

now with that said check the vendor section, i am sure there is a painter in there that has reasonable pricing Mr Green
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:04 am

lol i know, after getting some advise, and opinions, i think im gonna run with Pactra competition orange for the color, what backing color you think i should use? a white or black after all the orange is shot down.??
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:37 am

depends, you could use either color wou want. i have been told (and i do NOT see it myself) white = brighter black = darker.

again i havent seen this myself and would like to convey some experience of you could also use silver as a backing for your color but it would still need backed with white or black. basically choice is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:25 pm

well on this KM body most of it as you know is black and the backing color is white inside. so im thinkin since its gonna be a bright orange type main color a black backing might work great.
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:53 pm

you could actually back it with any color you want (except maybe flourescents) but i tend to stick with black, white, or silver. when using candy or other transparent colors the backing color choice is more critical, for example if you are using candy red as your main color and you back it with silver it will look like my baja does maybe a little brighter depending on how dark you go with the candy color (how much candy red goes down ), while if you backed it with say gold it wouldprovide a different color shade to it (to see what candy red with a gold basecoat looks like do a search for teh corvette used in teh movie corvette summer, it was candy red with a gold base coat).
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:36 pm

got black to back it with. the pa9ints i ordered come in yesterday, bodies stillnot here tho.

and also sent the Rx to Futaba and the just burnt up servo to Hitec for replacement. also bought a new 5755 off ebay for less than i paid thru DDM, bout 10 to 12 bucks less.

Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 2:43 pm

nice, keep us posted bud.
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:59 pm

woodster body, paint scheme general lee IMG_1346
woodster body, paint scheme general lee IMG_1347
woodster body, paint scheme general lee IMG_1348

body painted rear white spoiler painted same comp orange and rear window cutout. rear bod stigffener also installed. when truck get back togeher, theni can chek the mount locations and add the decals
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:02 pm

i'm assuming there is aprotective covering on the body because it looks kinda dull. or did you paint it on teh outside of the body Razz
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 pm

well heres a couple pics with body on truck
woodster body, paint scheme general lee IMG_1353

woodster body, paint scheme general lee IMG_1354

and here it is with deacls on it:

woodster body, paint scheme general lee IMG_1355

woodster body, paint scheme general lee IMG_1356

woodster body, paint scheme general lee IMG_1357

woodster body, paint scheme general lee IMG_1358

woodster body, paint scheme general lee IMG_1359
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 11:36 am

did you use a spray bottle with a drop of soap or some windex when putting on yout stickers? the flag on top has a lot of bubbles in it which is why I asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: woodster body, paint scheme general lee   woodster body, paint scheme general lee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

woodster body, paint scheme general lee
Page 1 of 1