LARGESCALE BAJA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LARGESCALE BAJA

forum for all large scale rc's

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

throttle brake linkage tip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

throttle brake linkage tip Empty
PostSubject: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:00 am

this tip is for reducing /eliminating possible radio interferance from the metal to metal contct of your brake linkage and brake cam arm.

while assembling your throttle brake linkage slip a piece of heat shrink tubing over the linkage where it passes through 85462a brake arm and shrink it as you normally would. this will add some insulation between the 2 metal parts virtually eliminating any source for radio interferance caused by the metal to metal contact.

this tip can be used on ANY gasoline or nitro powered vehicles
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:41 pm

are you talking bout where rod passes through the eye on the brake lever?
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:09 am

Lan-Ed-Tul wrote:
are you talking bout where rod passes through the eye on the brake lever?

yes, you put a piece of heatshrink yubing on teh linkage where it passes through the eyelet on the brake cam lever then shrink it. you want it to be snug on the rod after shrinking so it will not move, another tip is to put a drop thin superglue at each end of the shrinktubing and let it wick under the shrink tubing (after you shrink it) to help hold it in place.

i have used this method for years on nitro vehicles and it will help with the larger gasoline vehicles as well, basically it helps cushion and prevent the metal on metal contact Wink
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:26 am

hmm. neat. havent had the radio interference you mentioned it for. but seems like it would help with working of mechanism some.
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:59 am

i have not had an issue of radio interferance from my spektrum system but i still use this tip out of force of habit (couldnt hurt Mr Green ), this tip would be great for those running 27MHz, 75MHz am and fm radio systems and the futaba fasst systems
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:00 am

yup, i agree. maybe i should post the tip on the gear cover case on a 2 speed tip i did on mine.
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:16 am

Lan-Ed-Tul wrote:
yup, i agree. maybe i should post the tip on the gear cover case on a 2 speed tip i did on mine.

thats what this section is for Mr Green
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:42 am

lol yah i know this is section for it, was kinda implying to ya if i should do it or not, decided to do it anyways, its a good piece of info anyone upgrading the axles and boots SHOULD know before, they rip a boot like i did.
Back to top Go down
qwerty

qwerty

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:55 am

lordraptor1 wrote:
i have not had an issue of radio interferance from my spektrum system but i still use this tip out of force of habit (couldnt hurt Mr Green ), this tip would be great for those running 27MHz, 75MHz am and fm radio systems and the futaba fasst systems

it is an interesting tip and i may try it, but one thing i noticed...i doubt anyone would get interference from a Futaba Fasst system
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:51 am

qwerty wrote:
lordraptor1 wrote:

it is an interesting tip and i may try it, but one thing i noticed...i doubt anyone would get interference from a Futaba Fasst system

lots of people have great luck with futaba, however i am NOT one of them nor are any of the local flyers who tried teh fast systems. one of the local flyers lost his twin engined giant scale plane 2 or 3 weeks ago due to a fasst system failure. everyone has a preference for what works for them and for me it is spektrum since it NEVER failed and the old fasst system did. i beleive the issues from failures depends on certain things.

for an example my location has horrendous issues with fasst systems, and (although i have only heard this from one of the employees at hobbytown usa in norman oklahoma who owns a baja hisself) they have issues with futabas up in norman also. it could be an issue related to weather, cell phone towers, airports, home phones or anything. i do know that the spektrum system will not work at all if it cannot find a channel to run on and when it does have a channel it locks onto it, the futaba systems on the other hand are constantly channel surfing and when running. teh channel surfing causes a delay in signal transit which could (and i have seen) lag which leads to a damaged rc Mr Green

what i am saying is it is up to the purchaser when it comes to a radio system but i myself will stick with what works for me and in my case futaba is NOT it.
Back to top Go down
qwerty

qwerty

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 am

that makes perfect sense, i should have been more clear that i have only based my opinion on surface radio's as i dont have the flying experience on that one
Back to top Go down
lordraptor1
Admin
lordraptor1

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:20 pm

qwerty wrote:
that makes perfect sense, i should have been more clear that i have only based my opinion on surface radio's as i dont have the flying experience on that one

no worries guy, this forum is for members to share experiences, learn from each other and to draw our own conclusions with the info we get (well also have fun with like minded hobbyists Mr Green). i can tell you though no matter what radio system you choose make sure to follow simple procedures that help eliminate any chance of interferance.

even with 2.4 systems it is not a bad idea to use a decently thick doublesided tape to help cushin rx from interferance, try to eliminate metal to metal contact, and in the case of ignition engines try to keep the rx as far from the ignition as possible Wink

i myself have a DX3, a DX3s, and a DX7 aircraft system and i have had no failure from any of them. futaba does have good range when it comes to running but i have to disagree with those buying on that reason because it is NEVER a good idea to get your rc out far enough where it looks like a speck of dust lol!
Back to top Go down
Lan-Ed-Tul

Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:49 pm

yah speckodust flyin isnt good. back when i was flyin with pro friend, he took my aircore 40 low wing plane i just built it went a 1/8th of a mile out over the highway, followed up the highway turned and he got it comin back towards us, but in a split second as it was comin in, he accidentally flipped the power switch off, i seen it yaw up and over sideways, looked at radio and as i reached and said, oh crap radios offff, it went in nose first into the ground upside side.

lol i was a lil upset as i spent 3 months tweaking that plane to fly right, mainly the wing incidence had to be set, took me some time to adjust that.and the rudder was lopsided, had to insert rods in the flutes to get it straight. flew good, but one split second means dewstroyed if a mistake is made. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: throttle brake linkage tip   throttle brake linkage tip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

throttle brake linkage tip
Page 1 of 1