forum for all large scale rc's

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

flm extended arms +killer rc killer cables

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: flm extended arms +killer rc killer cables   Wed May 11, 2011 7:32 pm

ok the killer cables DO work with the flm extended arm kit although not as well as i would have hoped for, the issue is in the front end mainly in that you are required to use the v1 or V2 tower that comes with teh arms because the tr 1 piece unit and the stock kit shock tower are not tall enough. with that said seeingas i am running rezzies and the V1 tower on my baja i thought i would give others an insight as to how i am running my killer cables with the extended setup.

on the front i have the lower shocks in the outer mounting position, upper shock mount is the upper most hole (none of the other configurations seem to work , anyway i have teh killer cables attached outside of lower arm on teh sway bar bolt and the upper end of the killer cable is mounted on its own screw 2 holes down from the upper shock mount hole (in other words, you should have 2 free holes inbetween the upper shock mount hole and the killer cable mounting hole.

for teh rear, using a TR V2 rear shock mount the killer cable is in the lowermost shock tower mounting position (the lower screw that attaches the shock mount to the shock tower) and the lower end of the killer cable is mounted again to the sway bar mount but only on the inside of the lower arm.

hope this helps anyone here looking for this info or if you have some info to share on using the killer cables with the flm extended arm kit please feel free to offer up your setup here.

i am running rezzies, V1 flm front tower, tr V2 rear tower, and swaybars

please make sure to note that the TR 1 piece front shock mount/tower is NOT compatible with the flm extended arm kit so if you plan on using the extended flm arms do NOT waste money on the TR 1piece shock mount/tower combo piece as it will NOT work (cannot say about the tr shock mount without tower as i dont have one)

forgive the pics cell phone cam and hard to get pics without disassembly Mr Green

front upper killer cable mounting:

front lower killer cable mounting:

front killer cable routing:

rear lower killer cable mounting:

rear upper killer cable mounting (2 seperate pics from 2 different angles):

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms +killer rc killer cables   Sat May 28, 2011 7:27 pm

just wondered why you went with extended arms? and being metal you just xfered the break point someplace else ya know? i still have stockers on mine, but got the rpm arms full set as backups when stockers do break, for plastic arms they say rpms are the best and more durable than stock.

i had drooled myself a lil over some orange alloy arms, and almost got some till i read more on arm breakings, and xfering of stress points stuff. so thats why i left front and rear bumper stuff plastic, and arms will stay plastic, front and rear hubs are alloys tho, and steering is alloy now too.

hope ya got it planned out for the break points, it has to have them or it will destroy alloy parts instead. chassis, arms, etc...

You Dont Know the POWER, of The Dark Side......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms +killer rc killer cables   Tue May 31, 2011 10:25 am

Lan-Ed-Tul wrote:
just wondered why you went with extended arms? and being metal you just xfered the break point someplace else ya know? i still have stockers on mine, but got the rpm arms full set as backups when stockers do break, for plastic arms they say rpms are the best and more durable than stock.

i had drooled myself a lil over some orange alloy arms, and almost got some till i read more on arm breakings, and xfering of stress points stuff. so thats why i left front and rear bumper stuff plastic, and arms will stay plastic, front and rear hubs are alloys tho, and steering is alloy now too.

hope ya got it planned out for the break points, it has to have them or it will destroy alloy parts instead. chassis, arms, etc...

yes bud got it all worked out, thing is i went with the extended to have it as wide and stable as possible however with the track record of my baja i dont think it will ever run much because after all of the BS with the SS i am honestly afraid to even try to run it for fear that yet more of teh hpi "quality" will show when somethign else breaks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms +killer rc killer cables   Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:15 pm

well ya might get it goin again, from last word ya said, hope so, still sometime wood like to meet up before ya go off to AZ for a run with bajas day.

mines been sittin on table for a month, havent run it since after i got the KB and carb stuff on it, and took it out for a test run, it run pretty good, had to mess with LS needle and HS needle a lil, still needs a tweak on HS, but i also havent got round to puttin on the DDM fuel lines either, the new 3 hole grommet, and lines, i think if theres a air leak anyplace its in the grommet where brass fittings go through, but according to recc's made on this kit, the old black line cut ina couple short pieces over the fittings then shoved in new grommet will solve that, if there even is any issues there.

You Dont Know the POWER, of The Dark Side......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms +killer rc killer cables   Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:58 pm

Lan-Ed-Tul wrote:
well ya might get it goin again, from last word ya said, hope so, still sometime wood like to meet up before ya go off to AZ for a run with bajas day.

mines been sittin on table for a month, havent run it since after i got the KB and carb stuff on it, and took it out for a test run, it run pretty good, had to mess with LS needle and HS needle a lil, still needs a tweak on HS, but i also havent got round to puttin on the DDM fuel lines either, the new 3 hole grommet, and lines, i think if theres a air leak anyplace its in the grommet where brass fittings go through, but according to recc's made on this kit, the old black line cut ina couple short pieces over the fittings then shoved in new grommet will solve that, if there even is any issues there.

well plans changed and am buying a house here, anyway i have been running it out in the front yard adn it has been doing well only thing is a good chunk of it is aftermarket now so i stand behind what i said that my particular baja was poor in quality out of the box
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms +killer rc killer cables   

Back to top Go down

flm extended arms +killer rc killer cables
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1