forum for all large scale rc's

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

flm extended arms and cvd's just ordered

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: flm extended arms and cvd's just ordered   Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:24 pm

i just ordered my flm extended cvd's, and arms with the v1 shock tower. i however do not intend to use the V1 tower adn instead am going to use my TR 1 piece front shock mount tower combo, will post up some pics when they come in Mr Green
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms and cvd's just ordered   Sun May 01, 2011 1:37 am

like to see what your talkin bout. i wanted cvd's on mine but with the DS meaty bones and i got me a spare set of pins for them, i think ill be ok, now the ds tubes i had to take off as one wasnt letting the shaft go all the way in when i rebiult the diff, and still after grinding a lil off ends of pins still was binding up a lil bit i figured as cheap as new cups are, and with the new installed split tranny, i can change them easy nuff if i need to.

You Dont Know the POWER, of The Dark Side......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms and cvd's just ordered   Sun May 01, 2011 4:03 am

ask and ye shall receive Mr Green

heres teh extended arms:

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.7689/.f

heres teh cvd's:

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.7526/.f

i didnt need teh "kit" for teh cvd's seeing as when i installed teh tr diff saver i installed teh flm diff cups Mr Green.

once they arrive i will most likely get rid of the front tower adn teh dogbones since i wont be using them Mr Green
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms and cvd's just ordered   Tue May 03, 2011 1:31 am

wow that arm sets pricey, the cvd's seem reasonable tho. but i would hate to rip that diff apart after i put it together not that long ago, lol but if i ever have to take it out of the split tranny case, and redo the diff, i willget me a set, prolly just go with stock length ones, the DS extenders on rear add nuff width for me, still dont have front DS's on again, it steers real good without them, and is still a tiny touchy to boot, specially with the hitec servo on there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms and cvd's just ordered   Tue May 03, 2011 9:46 am

i have teh ds axle extenders all around Mr Green. the ds extenders add like 1/2" to each side while teh arms add 1" to each side. the arms and cvd were more of a want thing from teh beginning but it was originally one of thelast few expensive items to get (along with front brakes and new engine) although due to no one apparently haveing a vented clutch bell for a stock style clutch setup i have to add a tr clutch system to the expensive list Sad, i am really hoping i dont get a tr system to find out it is compatible wiht stock, if i do i will defintley hit the roof).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms and cvd's just ordered   Tue May 03, 2011 12:04 pm

well your runnin single speed not 2 speed like mine has, so the TR system should go right on yours easily, and i beleive off tulare or someone else on ebay the had a vertigo vented clutch bell that works with the TR system

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms and cvd's just ordered   Tue May 03, 2011 12:18 pm

thats the thing, i dont want to go the tr clutch system route, i wanted to go with the hpi hd clutch carrier, VP right rear engine mount, vented clutch bell, and lauterbacher clutch. unfortunately all of the vented clutch bells i have found require either the VP enclosed carrier (making it hard to adjust cltuch without disassembly) or the TR clutch setup Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: flm extended arms and cvd's just ordered   

Back to top Go down

flm extended arms and cvd's just ordered
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1