View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: my collection   Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:04 am

here are pics of my collection of rc Mr Green

associated T4

goldberg anniversary piper cub (built as clipped wing version)

associated factory team TC4

losi micro desert truck

tamiya txt-1

hpi proceed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 am

cool rc's bud!!!111

You Dont Know the POWER, of The Dark Side......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:02 pm

thanks, may end up selling the piper cub (minus radio of course), not sure if i could get anything out of it though engine hasnt seen fuel and still havent installed the remote glo yet (havent ordered it yet) and all of it is brand new plane and engine. it is covered in the cub yellow fabric covering and has the scale wheels (the ones with the hubcaps that say cub on them). i still have the plans and manual for teh cub and i bet i might even have teh box still although i am not sure because i put it out in storage i also have teh box for the engine still (which has never seen fuel).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:31 pm

dont feel bad the one thats hangin from ceiling in old house, never got fuel either, and the weirdst thing happened to it, the receiver wire snapped off right after the fuel tubing where it come out the back of the cabin. i used a piece of tubing to snake the wire thru to outside, to prevent any binding or anything, i ran it up to the tail, where a pin inserted into the tail with a loop bent into head end, then a rubber band connecting the pin to wire, for flex, and it was not tensioned, it was just enough to keep it in place. i still cant figure out why it did that, but anyways, the wing was in closet, and got a couple holes poked in it from something that fell into it. so i would have to reskin that sections.

i never got real great at flyin solo , thats why my friend was always with me. he would get it in air, i flew it, and he landed it., on the other planes i had.

best plane i ever had was the AIRCORE 40. sweetest flyin plane ever with a YS-45 engine, that motor put out the equivilent of a 60 sized os engine.
i never flew by rudder, airelons only with elevator. tip it over pull up elevator let off, tip other direction, simplest way to fly for newbies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:50 pm

yeah i use my realflight G3 all teh time (it updates automatically to G3.5) and have no issues. the engine in my cub is a magnum xl70 four stroke, i actually wanted to go with a .90 four stroke but decided to go with the .70 instead because i felt teh .90 four stroke would have been massive overkill. what engine is in teh plane you have hanging?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:06 pm

i think its a OS 40

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:16 pm

yeah a .40 wouldnt even get this cub off of teh ground ROFLMMFAO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:43 pm

one plane i built, was a 60 sized plane that used a 40 sized motor, it was lighter weight in construction so even though is was larger it was bout same weight as a 40 sized. cant remember the name of it, but i covered it in yellow and purple monkote.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:40 pm

Lan-Ed-Tul wrote:
one plane i built, was a 60 sized plane that used a 40 sized motor, it was lighter weight in construction so even though is was larger it was bout same weight as a 40 sized. cant remember the name of it, but i covered it in yellow and purple monkote.

a 60 sized plane nowadays is usually listed as a .40 to .60, this cub is listed in that range but i opted for the 4 stroke .70 to swing a larger prop and give it a more realistic sound. another bonus is a 4 storke lasts longer from what i have been told and from my experiences with the 2 stroke nitros (i usually have to replace a nitro P/S after about 4 gallons of fuel).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 am

was contemplating gettin a swamp buggy likei used to have and never finished, it got destroyed, i left it out when i was doin the glassin on it, it rained, and wood left exposed disintergrated on it.

i can take that 0s 40 and use the old radio from this 5T since i ordered the 4pks while ago, and its servos im replacing with 5755 and 7955 for 4pks on 5T and use them on the swamp buggy.

be kinda cool to actually get one built and pilot it around, that motor has never been fired either.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:50 am

yeah sounds cool. still need to get some more funds myself LOL but looks like my baja might be down for a very long time with the way my budget seems to be looking right now. right now i need to replace my clutch (hpi was out of stock), my killer bee was sent in to kent for repair, need a few more hop ups, (arms, cvd's, hd front upper plate, shock mount/tower, shock tower supports, servo saver spring support, ds servo saver, threshold rezzies, umbrella seals, hostile hd rear hubs, etc). also got to fix my pullstart and find an alternative to teh pull start outerwears (it doesnt work for teh fine dust here which is chewing up my pull starter housing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:17 am

i dontr even have a OW for my pullstart yet, i do see grass gettin in there but not too much fine dirt. and you got the PS with the collar around pawl? if not you definately need one. it helps to keep crap ot of the area where the pawl is.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:42 am

yep got teh zenoah spool and the metal pawl. the pawl is fine but i have talcum powder fine dust around here that get throught my outerwears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:06 am

i never heard of the dust being that fine in oklahoma, i run across that fine a stuff in AZ when we rode to grand canyon on my Bike last year tho.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:41 am

well my front yard and driveway have the talcum powder dust in them and they get kicked up whenever i take the baja out.

last night i had to clean and reoil both my internal air filters and had to wash out my redneck filter because teh dust went right through it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:52 am

wow thats insane man. sounds like you need to find a nearby spot thats better to run in.

you said you were still needing the clutch for yours? i take it you mean the shoes assembly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Lan-Ed-Tul wrote:
wow thats insane man. sounds like you need to find a nearby spot thats better to run in.

you said you were still needing the clutch for yours? i take it you mean the shoes assembly.

yeah the clutch shoes are what i need as far as my clutch goes, i also need to replace my pull starter assembly because the talcum powder dust around here has ate up my housing and spool in it. now i am having issues with my engine being hesitant upon application of throttle and i am betting it has to do with the dust here.

i have ran in my yard, the lot across the street that had a hous demolished recently, a football field, the local park, and a couple other places and all of them have teh same talcum powder dust as my front yard and driveway has.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:47 pm

any word yet on the backorder of your clutch?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Lan-Ed-Tul wrote:
any word yet on the backorder of your clutch?

nope, not a word. hpi sent everythign else but i think they are blowing off the clutch.

i am tired of having a 900.00 genuine hpi baja that turns out to be a low quality POS requiring just as much if not more in aftermarket hop up parts just to be of any real quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 pm

yah prolly already done dood it but i would call or email them on it, and find out whats what with the clutch, and/or just get ya one from someplace else. a 8000 rpm clutch dont cost that much, round 30 bucks or so.

hell, if need be, i could get ya one, and mail it to ya, and ya can pay me later or whatnot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Lan-Ed-Tul wrote:
heres one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300511196224&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/8000RPM-CLUTCH-HPI-KM-BAJA-5B-SS-2-0-5T-/170607299839?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b8fcccff

http://cgi.ebay.com/8000RPM-CLUTCH-2SETS-HPI-KM-BAJA-5B-SS-2-0-5T-/170613390377?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b959bc29

couple of those arent too pricey that one BIN for like 20 i think it is. that is if you want a 8000 rpm one. those are just a few of what i found theres more.

yeah but if i have to buy a new clutch i would rather just get an elecon or a lauterbacher adjustable, of course if i do i will need to go back to an open carrier (so clutch adjustment is easier) and a vented clutch bell that has the clutch adjustment screw access holes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:40 pm

just tryin to help ya get it running agin, so we can run together after i get mine all finished up. i think the elcon is better choice, read some reviews here and there on the lauterbach and only one of those worth anything is the 4 shoe, all other version suck balls for lasting any time at all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordraptor1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Lan-Ed-Tul wrote:
just tryin to help ya get it running agin, so we can run together after i get mine all finished up. i think the elcon is better choice, read some reviews here and there on the lauterbach and only one of those worth anything is the 4 shoe, all other version suck balls for lasting any time at all.

actualyl i was looking at the lauterbacher 4 shoe offroad clutch Mr Green
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lan-Ed-Tul

PostSubject: Re: my collection   Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:46 pm

thats the only Laut they even reccommend, the other versions suck nuts!

i think DDM has one

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my collection   

Back to top Go down

my collection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next